Saturday, June 16, 2012

Growing so fast...

After months of on and off potty curiosity and adventures, Drayden is potty trained. Yay!!!! 

A few months ago I ordered Drayden a soft potty seat for the toilet thru Huggies-Gifts to Grow points and told him that a surprise was coming for him by mail. We would check the mail box daily. When it came in, that's when potty training was really serious for him. It became an everyday day pee-pee on the potty or toilet rather than just before bath or bed with his other potty. I was taking his diaper off after daycare and keeping him in underwear at home. I bought stickers from the dollar store and every time he would go...he was able to choose a sticker or two. He was so happy with that.
A couple weeks ago, I decided to keep him home from daycare for a couple extra days after a weekend of no accidents....Pretty good for a boy that's 2 1/2. You could tell he was ready. He was wearing the cute underwear I bought him for weeks and seemed to really get it. As soon as a diaper went on (with underwear on top...to be like his friends at daycare) he hated it, was embarrassed or got lazy and did his business in it and told me right away. Drayden's educator Monic told me he's been dry after his naps for quite a while and so she sent him home on Friday with all his diapers and wipes. He's growing up so fast and I'm so proud of him. The only thing left to work on is staying dry overnight!!!...no real rush for that though. For now, those extra diapers will do the trick.


Proud mom of a diaper-less toddler.
~xox~

No comments:

Post a Comment