Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Drayden's Garden

After many years of wanting one, I finally have my own vegetable garden. But apparently it's Drayden's...not mine. Drayden helped Daddy dig and build a special spot for it in our yard. We got free compost-dirt thru the city and bought a few bags as well to get it all ready. Our little helper sewed the seeds and choose the tomato plants at the nursery. He's so excited about it. We are going to enjoy yellow and green string beans, 4 different kinds of tomatoes, radishes, curly lettuce, zucchinis and cucumbers this summer. Simple things to start this year and expand next year. I also bought a few different kinds of herbs (chives, thyme, parsley, oregano) and potted them to add a nice green touch to our front porch. All I need to do is snip whatever I need when I need it for those special dishes.

As for now, we are to watch it grow and see what we get.

Tanya and Green Thumb Drayden

No comments:

Post a Comment