Thursday, November 25, 2010

It's the final COUNTDOWN...till Christmas!!! 1 month BABY!

OK...so I usually don't get excited for the Holidays because I find it completely commercial and tacky in some cases (have you seen those ugly Xmas sweaters they sell in stores) but since Drayden's been born it's brought it to a different meaning. Up until I met Derek I didn't really have a Xmas tree (except for one year when my roommates decorated my tropical plant/tree with my ladybug knick-knacks) to really celebrate like at my mom's house. I always worked or did stuff for everyone else on Xmas; Derek would call me Scrooge because I was miserable although he'd still make it special for me/us . So a few years ago my friend Kim gave me her old tree and we bought ornaments to decorate it. It did us for a few years until 3 years ago I bought a PRE-LIT tree...OMG those are awesome; every year we buy a new ornament for our awesome tree (already bought 2 for this year...). 
Last year was our first family Christmas...and it was great. Especially since Drayden was home in time from the hospital. This year...he already "helped us" (watched) put up the outdoor lights and sneaking into mommy's Christmas gift stash looking at everything one by one.  I can't wait to see his face when the tree goes up this weekend and opening gifts now that he's able to all by himself. I'm sure our tree won't as nice as usual due to Drayden touching everything! We shall seeeeeeee...I'll keep you posted.

Tanya

No comments:

Post a Comment